Thursday, August 21, 2008

Whose Ad Is This?

(I'm a little late in commenting on this campaign, but I think the point is timeless.)

I'm guessing that the ad above rings a bell. It's a TV campaign where disembodied hands create an image in the negative space of sand against a light board, then seamlessly transform that image into another one, then another.

It's visually stunning and hypnotic. I've researched it and discovered that the hands belong to Israeli artist Ilana Yahav, who is the only person in the world doing this kind of art.

I love this campaign, yet ultimately, I think it's utterly ineffective.

Whether I'm right or wrong depends on the answer to this question: If you've seen these ads, can you tell me (without cheating) which company they are for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Verizon?

Anonymous said...

I know. But only because they're a client.

Marc Conklin said...

Mum's the word! (You should pitch them on switching agencies for their TV spots.)